I hope I’ve convinced you already that video marketing is a simple and effective way to reach an audience. So why aren’t more companies doing it?
I think the simple reason that more companies don’t start with video marketing is that it seems overwhelming. Where most other forms of marketing employ only one or two mediums of communication, video marketing employs many- photography, sound, graphic design, music, editing, videography, text, animation and even virtual reality. That’s a lot of moving parts. So where to start? Start by grabbing a coffee and sharpening your pencil. Video marketing is ultimately a very creative endeavor. Then work with technicians to execute on your ideas.
Here are 5 steps to creating an effective video series:
1. Think of an engaging concept. Something that your audience will love to watch and return to. Don’t be boring. Funny is good.
2. Make sure the video is specific to the platform. Don’t take a video meant for television and place it onto YouTube, or a YouTube video and put it on Instagram.
3. Get your video out there into the digital world. Make sure you are putting your videos in front of the right audience- the data is at your fingertips.
4. Track your data. See what ad buys are working and which are not. Pivot often.
5. Do it again. Video marketing is an iterative process. In other words, it’s about creating content, putting it out into the world, measuring performance and then improving on it. Working with a professional video production company certainly helps.
While some might not get it, we do! Bee Video handles all your video marketing needs. An ideal client for us is a small or medium-sized business that understands their brand and wants help to tell their story through video.